1. National GetOutside Day 2019 is taking place on 29 September and we are giving you the chance to win a guided walk in the Lake District on the Day with our GetOutside Brand Ambassador, Sean Conway. This promotion is organised by OS in collaboration with HF Holidays. You can find out more details about Sean, and the promoters OS and HF Holidays below.
2. The prize is participation in a guided walk with Sean Conway on 29 September 2019, at Lake Windermere, for you and 5 other winners (6 winners in total) plus up to 3 friends or family for each winner to bring with them. Details on the prize walk are as follows:
a. Walk route (returning by same route): The Wray Castle walk route along Lake Windermere.
b. Start time: 11.00am. Don’t be late!
c. Duration: around 2 ½ hours, including a lunch break.
d. Guides: Sean Conway plus three walking leads from HF Holidays.
3. The 6 winners will be randomly chosen in accordance with these terms and each winner can opt to take up to 3 additional people with them. Please see below for further details and restrictions that may apply to participation.
4. This prize draw is open to all Great Britain residents, aged 18 years or over, excluding OS and HF Holidays employees, members of their direct families, or any person directly associated with the prize draw.
5. To enter, simply leave a comment in the manner specified under the prize draw post on any one of the following Facebook, Instagram or Twitter social media accounts of OS , HF Holidays, and Sean Conway set out below. You will therefore need to have at least one social media account in order to enter.
a. OS Leisure:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/osmapping/
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/ordnancesurvey/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/OSleisure
b. HF Holidays:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/hfholidays/
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/hfholidays.co.uk/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/hfholidays
c. Sean Conway:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/MrSeanConway/
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/seanconwayadventure/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/Conway_Sean
6. The prize draw is limited to only one entry per person. Multiple entries from the same person will not be valid.
7. No purchase is necessary to enter this prize draw.
8. The opening date for the prize draw is Friday, 20 September 2019.
9. The closing date for the prize draw is midnight on Sunday, 22 September 2019. Entries received after this time will not be counted.
10. OS accepts no responsibility for entries which are not visible due to entrants’ privacy settings, incomplete or not received due to a technical failure of any kind.
11. The 6 winners will be drawn at random from all valid entries on Monday, 23 September 2019.
12. The prize is non-transferable and has no cash alternative. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, OS reserves the right to substitute any part of the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
13. OS will notify the winners by responding to the winning comments, which may be under any of the social media posts, on 23 September 2019.
The winner will need to claim their prize by Wednesday 25 September 2019 by sending Ordnance Survey Leisure an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to do so will result in the prize being forfeited and OS reserves the right to pick another winner at random from the remaining entries.
14. Once a winner has claimed their prize, OS will send them an email with further information on the prize walk and to confirm the number of additional participants.
The winners and all additional participants will be required to sign a Participant Waiver Form before taking part (provided in the email).
15. Our decision regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and no further correspondence will be entered into about it.
16. Under the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) requirements, OS must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation, OS will send the surname and county of the prize winner to anyone who emails email@example.com or writes to GetOutside, Ordnance Survey at the office address stated below (and enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within one month after the closing date stated above. If you are the winner and you object to your surname and/or county being published or made available, please let OS know this when responding to the notification email. In such circumstances we must still provide the information to the ASA, if requested.
17. OS shall not be responsible for the costs of travelling to/from the start location, or any other expenses incurred by the winner in taking up and participating in the prize.
18. The winners and their chosen additional participants may be required to participate in reasonable publicity arising out of this promotion.
19. All participants will attend the prize walk entirely at their own risk.
Neither OS, HF Holidays, nor Sean Conway will be liable for any injury, damage or loss to participants or their property that might occur as a result of their participation, other than in respect of any injury or loss arising as a result of our negligence.
For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this clause shall exclude or limit our liability for any liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
20. Participation in the walk does require an appropriate level of fitness and may be physically challenging and pose a risk of discomfort, illness or injury. All participants must be satisfied that they are physically capable of taking part in the walk without undue risk to their health or life.
21. Children are permitted to attend the walk but:
a. We recommend that children are age 12+ and are physically fit enough to take part, or are young enough to be carried by an adult;
b. Any participant under 18 years of age must be accompanied by their parent, legal guardian or a responsible adult (who has the consent of the parent/legal guardian);
c. The responsible adult must accompany the child and maintain responsibility for the child’s health and safety throughout the walk.
22. The walk may involve obstacles such as stiles and therefore may not be suitable for people using wheelchairs or whom have physical disabilities.
23. It may be possible for participants to bring along dogs but only if this is confirmed in advance by OS.
24. Please note that HF Holidays are not part of OS or its group companies. Please visit the following website for further details of HF Holidays: https://www.hfholidays.co.uk/.
25. OS reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
26. By entering the prize draw, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions, and consent to the transfer of their personal data to OS for the purposes of the administration of this promotion and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
28. Where you have indicated your consent to receiving communications from OS and/or OS Leisure Ltd about their offers, products and services based on your interests, your email address will be added to our electronic mailing lists accordingly. If you subsequently wish to change the interests that you have selected or unsubscribe from receiving such communications, you can do so at any time via our communication preference centre that will be accessible via a link that is emailed to you, or by using the unsubscribe facility within the communication.
29. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
30. This prize draw is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram social media platform providers. Entrants agree to abide by the terms of service of those platform providers when entering this prize draw and further agree to release all social media sites from any liability arising from or as a result of any participation in this prize draw.
The Promoters are:
OS: Ordnance Survey Limited (company number 09121572) trading as Ordnance Survey or OS, registered in England and Wales, whose registered office is at Explorer House, Adanac Drive, Southampton SO16 0AS. Ordnance Survey Leisure Limited is a subsidiary company of Ordnance Survey, which is registered in England and Wales (company number 06894550), whose registered office is at Explorer House, Adanac Drive, Southampton SO16 0AS.
HF Holidays (who will jointly be providing the prize) HF Holidays Limited, a mutual society (registration number 5713R), whose registered office is at Catalyst House, 720 Centennial Court, Centennial Park, Elstree WD6 3SY.
Sean Conway is an OS Brand Ambassador and you can find out more about him via the GetOutside website here.