We are committed to protecting your personal information and respecting your privacy. This policy applies when you access the National GetOutside Day website, social media sites and Services (together “our sites”) that collect data.
Who we are
This policy applies to Ordnance Survey Limited and Ordnance Survey Leisure Limited and for the purposes this policy will be referred to as 'we', 'us', 'our'.
1. Legal Basis and purpose for processing your personal data
- When you sign up on our sites for the National GetOutside Day .
- When any information is passed from your Waiver form or any personal information about you is given to OS as may be necessary in connection with at any National GetOutside Day Event for example to deal with any queries, issues or incidents in relation to the Rules of Participation.
- Viewing or subscribing to our websites and social media functions.
- Corresponding with us using services such as web contact forms, webchat facility, telephone, email or written letter.
- Signing up to marketing material or newsletters.
- Entering competitions or participating in discussion boards.
2. Categories of personal data you give to us
The personal data you give us includes:
- Telephone number.
- Email address.
- Location Information.
- Personal profile description and photograph.
3. We use your personal data in the following ways
- To provide you with further information about the National GetOutside Day Event To track the number of people signing up for National GetOutside Day.
- To allocate you onto a regional team based on your postcode.
- To respond to your enquiries and provide you with the information you request from us;
- To provide you with information about future National GetOutside Day events if you have consented to do so.
- Provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- Provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with newsletters. promotions and other information about goods or services we feel may interest you where you have consented to such communications.
- Customer satisfaction surveys and market research.
4. Your Device information
Each time you visit or use our Sites, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device's IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device's wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, and/or time zone setting;
- Details of your use of any of our Apps or your visits to any of our Sites including, but not limited to, Internet protocol (IP) address used by your Device, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes and the resources that you access (Log Information);
- URL click stream information showing how users have reached our Site and Services and whether they access other third party sites via any external links.
5. We use the Device information in the following ways
- To administer our Sites for troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our Sites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your Device;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Sites, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our sites safe and secure;
- To determine which features your Device supports which assists our development strategy.
6. We use the Log Information in the following ways
- To track national GetOutside Day event registrations.
- Monitor data traffic and any patterns of use;
- To ask you to review our products and services.
- Track the success of our products and services and our marketing activity.
7. Disclosure of your information
Where the event you have registered for is one of the National Walks which is being run by HF Holidays (HF Holidays Ltd, Catalyst House, 720 Centennial Park, Centennial Ave, Elstree, Borehamwood, WD6 3SY), we will disclose your registration information to them so they may fulfil the purposes set out in Section 3 above.
Our site contains links to third party organisation websites, who are arranging their own outdoor events on National GetOutside Day. If you follow a link to any of these websites please note these websites and any services accessible through them, have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any persona data collected through these websites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data.
8. Information we pass to Third Parties and other Data Sharing
9. Data transfers to third countries
10. Data security
Once it is within our control, we will do our utmost to ensure your personal data is processed in a way that ensures appropriate security from unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
12. Retaining your personal information
13. Your Data protection rights
Withdraw Consent - Where we are using your personal information on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- You can do this by using the contact details at the end of this policy.
- Using the unsubscribe button displayed on our marketing emails.
Changes to this policy:
Data Protection Officer:
Call: 03456 05 05 05
Post: Ordnance Survey, Explorer House, Adanac Drive, Southampton, SO16 0AS
Ordnance Survey Leisure Limited:
Call: 03454 56 04 20 (Monday - Friday: 8.30am-5.30pm – call charges apply)
Post: Ordnance Survey Leisure, Customer Services, Explorer House, Adanac Drive, Southampton, SO16 0AS
If, for any reason, you have a complaint, please contact the Data Protection Officer to discuss your concerns.
Following this, if you are still dissatisfied, you are able to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office directly at the contact details below.
Contact telephone number: 0303 123 1113.
Website: ICO website
- Climbing and mountaineering
- Dog friendly
- Family activities
- Gear guides
- Horse riding
- Map Reading
- Off-road cycling
- OS Champions
- Outdoor skills
- Places to go
- Road cycling
- Water sports
- Aaron Rolph
- Alan Hinkes
- Alan Parkinson
- Alex Middleton
- Alex Staniforth
- Andrew White
- Anita Kerwin-Nye
- Anna Humphries
- Belinda Dixon
- Belinda Kirk
- Ben Fogle
- Ben Smith
- Ben Turner
- Charlotte Ditchburn
- Charlotte Fowler
- Chris Webster
- Craig Henderson
- Daniel Raven-Ellison
- Dave Wilson
- David Finlayson
- David Love
- David Mellor
- Deborah North
- Debs Butler
- Eddie Fitzpatrick
- Eli Bishop
- Emily Thompson
- Emma Frampton
- Get Out With The Kids
- Glyn Dodwell
- Greg Whyte
- Gus Mckechnie
- Harrison Ward
- Hauxwell Family
- Helen Pollard
- Iwan Thomas
- James Forrest
- Jason Rawles
- Jen & Sim Benson
- Jessica Mather
- Jessie Leong
- Jo Bradshaw
- Kate Jamieson
- Kate Lord
- Kate MacRae
- Katie Tunn
- Kenton Cool
- Kizzie Fenner
- Laura Owen Sanderson
- Lisa Drewe
- Lisa Wells
- Lizzie Carr
- Mahroof Malik
- Mairi Olivier
- Manse Ahmad
- Marie Cheng
- Mary-Ann Ochota
- Mel Nicholls
- Michael Evans
- Nigel Vardy
- Phillipa Cherryson
- Phoebe Smith
- Rebecca Lees
- Richie Rakauskas
- Rob Haggan
- Rory Southworth
- Ross Toole
- Sal Thornton
- Sarah Whiting
- Scott Mcalister
- Sean Conway
- Sophie Power
- Sue Barrett
- Suzanne Hill
- Terry Abraham
- The Meek Family
- Tom Sigler
- Tracy Purnell
- Two Blondes Walking
- Yvonne Witter
- Zoe Homes
- Zoe Turner