We are committed to protecting your personal information and respecting your privacy. This policy applies to our collection and use of your personal data in connection with the ‘Keep Calm and Pedal' summer cycling sessions.
Who we are
This policy applies to Ordnance Survey Limited and Ordnance Survey Leisure Limited, which for the purposes this policy will be referred to as 'we', 'us', 'our'.
1. Legal Basis and purpose for processing your personal data
To process your personal data, we must have a lawful basis to do so.
- We will process your personal data where You have given consent to the processing of such personal data for one or more specific purposes. We process your personal data when you access our GetOutside webpages, the Eventbrite website, our OS social media sites and other OS services relating to the Keep Calm and Pedal summer cycling sessions (together “the Sites and Services”).
- When you register on the Sites to take part in a ‘Keep Calm and Pedal’ Event(s).
- When you complete the waiver forms or give any personal information at any ‘Keep Calm and Pedal’ Event.
- Viewing or subscribing to our OS websites and social media functions.
- Corresponding with us using services such as web contact forms, webchat facility, telephone, email or written letter.
- Signing up to marketing material or newsletters.
- Participating in discussion boards.
2. Categories of personal data you give to us
The personal data you give us includes:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Location Information
- Personal profile description and photograph.
3. We use your personal data in the following ways
- To provide you with, or allow you access to, any ‘Keep Calm and Pedal’ Event participation, confirmation emails and welcome packs;
- To provide you with further information about the ‘Keep Calm and Pedal’ Event you have registered for;
- To track the registrations;
- To enable you to participate in the Event for which you have registered;
- To respond to your enquiries and provide you with the information you request from us;
- To provide you with newsletters, promotions and other information about GetOutside and future GetOutside events, or other OS goods and services we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to such communications;
- To permit Stage 1 Cycling, and/or selected third parties to provide you with newsletters, promotions and other information about goods or services we feel may interest you where you have consented to such communications;
- Customer satisfaction surveys and market research.
4. Your Device information
Each time you visit or use the Sites, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device's IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device's wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, and/or time zone setting;
- Details of your visits to any of the Sites including, but not limited to, Internet protocol (IP) address used by your Device, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes and the resources that you access (Log Information);
- URL click stream information showing how users have reached the Site and Services and whether they access other third-party sites via any external links.
5. We use the Device information in the following ways
- To administer our OS Sites for troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our OS Sites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your Device;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Sites, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our sites safe and secure;
- To determine which features your Device supports which assists our development strategy.
6. We use the Log Information in the following ways
- To track ‘Keep Calm and Pedal’ event registrations;
- Monitor data traffic and any patterns of use;
- Ensure the content of the Site and Services are fit for purpose for which they are set up and to develop the experience of our users;
- monitor compliance with and enforce our Keep Calm and Pedal Rules;
- To ask you to review our products and services.
- Track the success of our products and services and our marketing activity.
7. Disclosure of your information
The event you will be registering for is being run by Stage 1 Cycles in partnership with Us, as part of the OS GetOutside initiative. Stage 1 Cycles is a company registered in England, company registration number 08931657, whose registered office is at Elm Fold Main Street, Askrigg, Leyburn, North Yorkshire.
Stage 1 Cycles is the leading provider of cycling activities in Wensleydale, North Yorkshire. It is a registered Adventurous Activities provider, it runs community cycling groups, it is a certified training centre for Go MTB awards and an accredited Bikeability Centre for the National Cycling Award Scheme, Bikeability.
Helen Pollard, Director of Stage 1 Cycles, is one of our OS GetOutside champions for 2018/19.
We will disclose your registration information to Stage 1 Cycles so that they may fulfil the purposes set out in Section 3 above.
8. Information we pass to other Third Parties and other Data Sharing
9. Data transfers to third countries
10. Data security
Once it is within our control, we will do our utmost to ensure your personal data is processed in a way that ensures appropriate security from unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
12. Retaining your personal information
13. Your Data protection rights
Withdraw Consent - Where we are using your personal information on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
You can do this by:
- Using the contact details at the end of this policy; or
- Using the unsubscribe button displayed on our marketing emails.
Changes to this policy
Data Protection Officer.
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: 03456 05 05 05
- Post: Ordnance Survey, Explorer House, Adanac Drive, Southampton, SO16 0AS
Ordnance Survey Leisure Limited:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 03454 56 04 20 (Monday - Friday: 8.30am-5.30pm – call charges apply)
- Post: Ordnance Survey Leisure, Customer Services, Explorer House, Adanac Drive, Southampton, SO16 0AS
If, for any reason, you have a complaint, please contact the Data Protection Officer to discuss your concerns.
Following this, if you are still dissatisfied, you are able to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office directly at the contact details below.
- Contact telephone number: 0303 123 1113.
- Website: ICO website
- Climbing and mountaineering
- Dog friendly
- Family activities
- Gear guides
- Horse riding
- Map Reading
- Off-road cycling
- OS Champions
- Outdoor skills
- Places to go
- Road cycling
- Water sports
- Aaron Rolph
- Alan Hinkes
- Alan Parkinson
- Alex Middleton
- Alex Staniforth
- Andrew White
- Anita Kerwin-Nye
- Anna Humphries
- Belinda Dixon
- Belinda Kirk
- Ben Fogle
- Ben Smith
- Ben Turner
- Charlotte Ditchburn
- Charlotte Fowler
- Chris Webster
- Craig Henderson
- Daniel Raven-Ellison
- Dave Wilson
- David Finlayson
- David Love
- David Mellor
- Deborah North
- Debs Butler
- Eddie Fitzpatrick
- Eli Bishop
- Emily Thompson
- Emma Frampton
- Get Out With The Kids
- Glyn Dodwell
- Greg Whyte
- Gus Mckechnie
- Harrison Ward
- Hauxwell Family
- Helen Pollard
- Iwan Thomas
- James Forrest
- Jason Rawles
- Jen & Sim Benson
- Jessica Mather
- Jessie Leong
- Jo Bradshaw
- Kate Jamieson
- Kate Lord
- Kate MacRae
- Katie Tunn
- Kenton Cool
- Kizzie Fenner
- Laura Owen Sanderson
- Lisa Drewe
- Lisa Wells
- Lizzie Carr
- Mahroof Malik
- Mairi Olivier
- Manse Ahmad
- Marie Cheng
- Mary-Ann Ochota
- Mel Nicholls
- Michael Evans
- Nigel Vardy
- Phillipa Cherryson
- Phoebe Smith
- Rebecca Lees
- Richie Rakauskas
- Rob Haggan
- Rory Southworth
- Ross Toole
- Sal Thornton
- Sarah Whiting
- Scott Mcalister
- Sean Conway
- Sophie Power
- Sue Barrett
- Suzanne Hill
- Terry Abraham
- The Meek Family
- Tom Sigler
- Tracy Purnell
- Two Blondes Walking
- Yvonne Witter
- Zoe Homes
- Zoe Turner