The Nature Reserve is named after the nearby village of Attenborough - and has benefitted from the support of the natural historian and TV presenter Sir David Attenborough, who's family came from the area. He officially opened the reserve in 1966, after the owners closed the gravel extraction facilities and returned the land to a more natural state. It was sold to Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust in 2019, and now has a visitor centre and education facilities.
This photograph was submitted in January 2021 by Sarah Perry.
- Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust
- Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust on Instagram
- Nottingham Birdwatchers: Attenborough
Free Download: Desktop
2560 x 1440 (also for 2048 x 1152 | 1920 x 1080 | 1600 x 900 | 1536 x 864 | 1280 x 720, plus Teams and Zoom)
1920 x 1200 (also for 1680 x 1050 | 1440 x 900 | 1280 x 800)
1366 x 768
1280 x 1024
1024 x 768 (also for iPad)
Free Download: Mobile / Tablet
Universal Mobile Wallpaper: For most mobile and tablet devices. For Android devices more of the image shows as you swipe between screens.
Using the downloaded image
To save the image on a computer, right-click (or alt-click) and select 'save target as' or the equivalent for your browser.
- For most computers, right click the desktop and select 'set wallpaper' to change the wallpaper image.
- For iOS devices, select the image, press and hold on the image to 'save image', then go to Photos > Share > Set as Wallpaper.
- On Android devices, select the image, long press to 'download image' and then go to Wallpapers > My photos and select the image.
Did you know?: You can also use the free image as a background for Zoom, Teams or other live chat systems.
Got a great photo?
If you are an keen photographer and have a great landscape, cityscape or wildlife photo you would like to see featured, please see the submission guidelines.
You can also Browse all the previous wallpapers.
Other routes nearbyGet more inspiration
Never explore without one! Stay safe, and stay active with Britain’s most accurate outdoor maps.
Be inspired to do more and go further by equipping yourself with the best tools for the job. Our maps are built on 220 years of experience - we keep walkers, runners, cyclists and more safe in the great outdoors all year round.
Available from local outdoors retailers, bookshops and our online OS shop.Go to the OS shop