1. To apply to become an OS GetOutside Champion, you must be a resident of the UK (including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man).
2. You may apply to be a Champion as an individual or on behalf of a couple or family.
3. The minimum age for the applicant Champion is 18 years of age.
4. The deadline for applications to be submitted is midnight on Friday, 20 December 2019.
5. Only one application is permitted per person (or couple/family, where relevant).
6. Applications from existing GetOutside Champions should be made by completing and submitting the form set out at the link provided to you by the deadline. All other applications should be made by completing and submitting the form set out on the GetOutside website here.
We regret that we cannot accept applications by post or email.
7. Applications must include:
a. Your name, email address, and postcode;
b. Details of any and all social media profiles and website/blog you manage to enable us to identify you and take a closer look at your activities;
c. Details of what makes you stand out from other GetOutside Champion applicants (max. 250 words);
d. An explanation of who you inspire to get outside and how (max. 250 words);
e. Other information as required on the form.
8. All applicants who have submitted completed forms will receive a code that entitles them to one month’s free subscription to OS Maps. OS Maps is a digital mapping and route planning application offered by Ordnance Survey Leisure Ltd, which provides access to national coverage of 1:25k (Explorer) and 1:50k (Landranger) mapping.
You will be emailed a code after the application process has been completed. To redeem the code, you will need to visit the OS Maps Online Shop. At the checkout, you will be able to enter the code that has been given under the ‘Basket Summary’ section. In order to use the service, you will need to register if you have not already done so. The one month’s free subscription period for OS Maps will start from the date that the code is activated. You have up until 31st April 2020 to activate the code. The code can only be used once by each applicant. The code is not valid with any other promotional offer.
9. Any incomplete applications will not be accepted. OS takes no responsibility for any technical failure or malfunction or other problem which may result in lost, incomplete, late or misdirected entries.
10. Applications that relate to, or contain, illegal, unethical or offensive conduct or content, infringe third party intellectual property rights, or otherwise fail to comply with these terms and conditions will be disqualified. This will be determined by OS, in its sole discretion, and no further correspondence will be entered into.
11. Applicants who are successful and are selected to become a GetOutside Champion will be representatives of OS. You must therefore declare on the application form where indicated, if there are any circumstances (including existing commercial arrangements or sponsorships) that OS should be aware of, that could give rise to a conflict of interest and / or adversely impact the goodwill and / or reputation of OS. Please be aware that OS may contact applicants in relation to this and / or undertake background checks to inform the decision as to the selection of the GetOutside Champions.
12. Completed applications will be passed to a panel of judges comprising of members of the Consumer Marketing team at OS, who will shortlist the entries and select approximately 75 GetOutside Champions based on the following criteria:
a. Ability to inspire or motivate others to get outside;
b. Commitment to their active outdoor lifestyle;
c. Ability to communicate GetOutside campaign messages to a wider audience.
13. OS will also be selecting a number of Champion Mentors from amongst the current GetOutside Champions, to provide leadership, guidance and support to others.
14. As part of the recruitment and selection process, Ordnance Survey may use the services of our current Champions to review and assess your application.
15. Those people who we would like to talk to further and / or invite to become our GetOutside Champions (and Mentors) for 2020/21 will be notified by email no later than Friday 14th February 2020.
16. If those selected do not respond after reasonable attempts have been made to contact them, or they decide to withdraw from the process, or their application is disqualified, OS reserves the right to select another applicant in accordance with the selection process set out in Clause 11.
17. Unfortunately, OS will not enter into any correspondence or be able to provide further feedback should your application be unsuccessful.
18. We would like our GetOutside Champions to be with us for one year initially, from 1 March 2020 to 28 February 2021. At the end of this period, we will review our relationship and we may, but we are not obliged to, invite Champions to remain with us in the role for a further period.
19. During this time, your role as a Champion is to inspire, encourage and motivate others to ‘GetOutside’ by the outdoor activities you organise and / or participate in and by engaging in various marketing and promotional activities to promote the GetOutside campaign and the OS brand, primarily by the use of social media.
20. In addition, Champions may be invited to participate in various events (including photoshoots and other media events), in the testing of outdoor products, and features on the GetOutside website and other applications.
21. In addition, Champion Mentors will work more closely with OS to help grow the GetOutside campaign.
22. We will review our relationship during the year to discuss and agree whether both sides wish the collaboration to continue or cease.
23. Successful applicants will need to enter into a written contract with OS that will set out terms and conditions for the GetOutside Champion role. If you do not wish to do so, then we reserve the right to select another applicant in accordance with the selection process set out at Clause 11.
24. OS will give the GetOutside Champions:
a. £200 in cash (please note that 1) where you are a family or couple acting together, this is a singular payment to the family / couple and not to each member; and 2) OS employees will not be eligible to receive the cash sum);
b. A free annual subscription to OS Maps (our online interactive map service) for you and every member of a family/couple that is a GetOutside Champion;
c. A bundle of OS / GetOutside branded clothing;
d. Various discounts on items in the OS Mapshop (OS’s online retail service) whilst you remain a GetOutside Champion;
e. Support in joining our Affiliate marketing scheme;
f. Regular Champion communications providing news of activities, events and/or new products being organised, launched or supported by OS; and
g. Other ad-hoc benefits / gifts at our discretion.
OS will contact the GetOutside Champions on or before 7 February 2020 in relation to any specifications (for example their size for the clothing) and to arrange delivery of the items as soon as possible to a UK address provided by the GetOutside Champion.
25. We reserve the right to select more or fewer than the number of Champions stated in Clause 12.
27. If you have indicated your consent to receive newsletter and / or other email communications from Ordnance Survey Ltd and Ordnance Survey Leisure Ltd about our products, services and promotions, you will be added to our electronic mailing lists accordingly. If you do not wish your details to be used for marketing purposes at any time, you can select the unsubscribe option in the email that is sent to you.
28. OS disclaims all liability for any loss or damage to persons or property, whether direct or indirect, incurred by any person in connection with submission of an application to the maximum extent permitted by law.
29. By submitting an application, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
30. OS reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any stage in any way. OS also reserves the right to cancel the GetOutside Champion programme at any time for whatever reason.
31. OS is entitled to assign any and all of its rights to any one of its group companies.
32. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.