‘GetOutside’ is an inspirational initiative founded by Ordnance Survey (‘OS’) that aims to inspire people to find new places, create lasting memories and discover the Great British outdoors. In doing so, it aims to keep the nation active, fit and healthy. Visit the GetOutside website for tips, advice and inspiration to help you plan your next adventure.
Each year we organise the National GetOutside Day. This year, it is still going ahead but, due to COVID-19, it is going to look quite different.
There will be no organised events taking place, but we are hoping lots of people will plan and create their own adventures. We have created a handy interactive map to help you with your plans.
We would like to create a national tally of participants and so we would love for you to sign up via our website to indicate your participation. As a thank you, we will give everyone who signs up a one month free subscription code to the OS Maps app, our award winning mapping based app.
How many people across Great Britain will become active and #Getoutside this National GetOutside Day? Let’s make it a record number.
1. The sign up procedure is an online form where you will be asked to provide us with your email address, postcode and the outdoor activity you are planning to do on the day.
2. If you sign up, you will be counted automatically for a national tally.
3. If you are going out with others and they would also like to be counted, then they should sign up separately, using the form provided.
If you sign up successfully, you will get a free one-month subscription code to the OS Maps app. The code is only valid until 31 December 2020, at which point the code will expire. Use of the OS Maps app is subject to separate terms and conditions. These can be found here.
As a thank you for taking part in National GetOutside Day, you could be in with a chance of winning the ultimate adventure bundle from Craghoppers, Bullitt Mobile and OS. Please see the Prize Draw Terms and Conditions below.
1. As part of National GetOutside Day 2020, OS is running a prize draw promotion, in collaboration with Craghoppers and Bullitt Mobile (the ‘Promoters’). You can find out more details about the Promoters below. Please read these terms and conditions carefully.
2. There will be one winner who will receive the prizes stated below:
Prizes from Ordnance Survey:
Prizes from Craghoppers:
Prize from Bullitt Mobile: The Land Rover Explore R Phone
3. The prize draw is open to all UK residents, aged 18 years or over, excluding employees of the Promoters, members of their direct families, or any person directly associated with the prize draw.
4. The prize draw is limited to one entry per person. Entrants must use their legal name. Entrants may not enter on behalf of any other person, group, company or syndicate or use automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits any person to make multiple entries to the prize draw. The Promoters cannot take responsibility for any technical, communication or other problems that might prevent the receipt of the entrant’s details. We reserve the right to disqualify any entry who violates these terms and to require them to return any prize they may have won.
5. No purchase of any product is necessary.
6. To enter, please;
a) sign up to taking part in National GetOutside Day and using the opt-in box in the sign-up form on the National GetOutside Day webpage whereby you will be subscribed to the Ordnance Survey, Craghoppers and Bullitt Mobile newsletters; or
b) subscribe to the Ordnance Survey, Craghoppers and Bullitt Mobile newsletters using the opt-in box on the prize draw webpage.
7. The opening date for the prize draw is 6pm on 08/09/2020.
8. The closing date for the prize draw is midnight on 27/09/2020. Entries received after this time will not be counted.
9. The winner will be chosen by OS by random draw from all the valid entries. The draw will take place within 7 days of the closing date.
10. The winner will be notified by email no later than 2 weeks after the draw has taken place. The winner will need to claim their prize within 2 weeks of being notified by responding to the notifying email. Failure to do so will result in the prize being forfeited and OS reserves the right to pick another winner at random from the remaining entries.
11. The prizes are strictly non-transferable and have no cash alternative. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoters reserve the right to substitute any part of the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
12. Unless stated otherwise, the Promoters will send the prizes free of charge to a UK address provided by the winner within 30 days of the winner claiming their prize. The winner’s details will be passed to Craghoppers and Bullitt Mobile who will send their prizes directly to the winner. Please note that if Government restrictions around COVID-19 are still in place, with employees not able to return to their place of work, the prizes may be delayed. The Promoters will communicate directly with the winner via email if this is the case.
13. The Promoters’ decision regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and no further correspondence will be entered into about it.
14. Under the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) requirements, OS must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation, OS will send the surname and county of the prize winner to anyone who emails OS at GetOutside@os.uk or writes to GetOutside, Ordnance Survey at the office address stated below (and enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within one month after the closing date stated above. If you are the winner and you object to your surname and/or county being published or made available, please let OS know this when responding to the notification email. In such circumstances we must still provide the information to the ASA, if requested.
15. The Promoters shall not be responsible for any additional expenses incurred by the winner.
16. Craghoppers and Bullitt Mobile are not part of OS or its group companies. They collaborate with OS on various marketing projects.
17. The winner may be required to participate in reasonable publicity arising out of this promotion.
18. The Promoters accept no responsibility for any loss, expense or damage which is suffered or sustained in connection with this prize draw, or accepting or using any part of the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law, in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law. Your statutory rights are not affected.
19. The Promoters reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions if in their opinion it becomes necessary to do so.
20. Where you have indicated your consent to receiving communications from the Promoters about their respective offers, products, special offers, promotions and services;
a) your email address will be added to their respective electronic mailing lists accordingly.;
b) any personal data you provide will be processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 and associated laws;
e) see also Condition 14 above with regard to the announcement of winners;
f) if you do not wish for the use of your details for marketing purposes at any time, you can select the unsubscribe option in the emails that are sent to you.
21. By entering the prize draw, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions, and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Promoters for the purposes of the administration of this promotion and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
22. The Promoters reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions if in their opinion it becomes necessary to do so.
23. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Ordnance Survey Limited (company number 09121572) trading as Ordnance Survey or OS, registered in England and Wales, whose registered office is at Explorer House, Adanac Drive, SOUTHAMPTON SO16 0AS. Ordnance Survey Leisure Limited is a subsidiary company of Ordnance Survey, which is registered in England and Wales (company no. 06894550), and whose registered office is at Explorer House, Adanac Drive, Southampton SO16 0AS
Craghoppers Ltd (company number 3057810), registered in England and Wales, whose registered office is at Risol House, Mercury Way, Urmston, Manchester, M41 7RR.
Bullitt Mobile Limited (company number 06945690), registered in England and Wales, whose registered office is at One Valpy, Valpy Street, Reading, England, RG1 1AR.