Up for grabs are Isle of Skye, Fort William and Glen Coe, Loch Lomond, Trossachs & Stirling, and Cairngorms Pathfinder Guides, an OS water bottle, OS thermal mug, OS Ben Nevis trek towel and an OS first aid kit.
Our awesome Pathfinder Guides use OS Explorer 1:25000 mapping, include step by step route guidance, a handy difficulty rating for walks, the relevant OS map sheet number for the area, a list of GPS waypoints, plus useful information like where to park or what type of terrain to expect.
For one prize draw entry, please tick the box below and enter your e-mail address.
1. OS is running a prize draw promotion in collaboration with Craigdon Edinburgh] (the ‘Promoters’). You can find out more details about the Promoters below. Please read these terms and conditions carefully.
2. There will be one winner who will receive the prize as stated below:
3. The prize draw is open to all Great Britain residents, aged 18 years or over, excluding employees of the Promoters, members of their direct families, or any person directly associated with the prize draw.
4. The prize draw is limited to one entry per person. Entrants must use their legal name. Entrants may not enter on behalf of any other person, group, company or syndicate or use automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits any person to make multiple entries to the prize draw. The Promoters cannot take responsibility for any technical, communication or other problems that might prevent the receipt of the entrant’s details, and accept no responsibility for entries which are not visible due to entrants’ privacy settings, or incomplete. We reserve the right to disqualify any entry who violates these terms and to require them to return any prize they may have won.
5. No purchase of any product is necessary to enter this prize draw.
6. To enter, please subscribe to the Ordnance Survey newsletter using the opt-in box above on this prize draw webpage and you will be automatically entered into the prize draw.
7. The opening date for the prize draw is on 12 April 2021.
8. The closing date for the prize draw is midnight on 18 April 2021. Entries received after this time will not be counted.
9. The winner will be chosen by OS by random draw from all the valid entries. The draw will take place within 7 days of the closing date.
10. The winner will be notified by email (using the details provided at entry) no later than 2 weeks after the draw has taken place. The winner will need to claim their prize within 2 weeks of being notified by responding to the notifying email. Failure to do so will result in the prize being forfeited and OS reserves the right to pick another winner at random from the remaining entries.
11. The prize is non-transferable and has no cash alternative. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoters reserve the right to substitute any part of the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
12. Unless stated otherwise, the Promoters will send the prize free of charge to a UK address provided by the winner within 30 days of the winner claiming their prize.
13. The Promoters’ decision regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and no further correspondence will be entered into about it.
14. Under the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) requirements, OS must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation, OS will send the surname and county of the prize winner to anyone who writes to Consumer Sales Team (Consumer), Ordnance Survey at the office address stated below (and enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within one month after the closing date stated above. If you are the winner and you object to your surname and/or county being published or made available, please let OS know this when responding to the notification email. In such circumstances we must still provide the information to the ASA, if requested.
15. The Promoters shall not be responsible for any additional expenses incurred by the winner.
16. Craigdon Mountain Sports Edinburgh are not part of OS or its group companies. They collaborate with OS on various marketing projects.
17. The winner may be required to participate in reasonable publicity arising out of this promotion.
18. The Promoters accept no responsibility for any loss, expense or damage which is suffered or sustained in connection with this prize draw, or accepting or using any part of the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law, in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law. Your statutory rights are not affected.
19. The Promoters reserve the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
20. Where you have indicated your consent to receiving communications from the Promoters about their respective offers, products, special offers, promotions and services:
21. By entering the prize draw, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions, and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Promoters for the purposes of the administration of this promotion and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
22. The Promoters reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions if in their opinion it becomes necessary to do so.
23. This prize draw is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the Facebook, Twitter or Instagram social media platform providers. Entrants agree to abide by the terms of service of those platform providers when entering this prize draw and further agree to release the social media sites from any liability arising from or as a result of any participation in this prize draw.
24. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Prize Draw Promoters:
Ordnance Survey Limited (company number 09121572) trading as Ordnance Survey or OS, registered in England and Wales, whose registered office is at Explorer House, Adanac Drive, SOUTHAMPTON SO16 0AS.
Ordnance Survey Leisure Limited is a subsidiary company of Ordnance Survey, which is registered in England and Wales (company no. 06894550), and whose registered office is at Explorer House, Adanac Drive, Southampton SO16 0AS
Craigdon Mountain Sports, Edinburgh located at The Pentland Outdoor Centre, 44 Biggar Rd, Edinburgh EH10 7BJ.
Be inspired to do more and go further by equipping yourself with the best tools for the job. Our maps are built on 220 years of experience - we keep walkers, runners, cyclists and more safe in the great outdoors all year round.
Available from local outdoors retailers, bookshops and our online OS shop.Go to the OS shop