Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
The Competition: Craigdon Edinburgh - Scottish Photo Competition
Ordnance Survey and Craigdon Edinburgh are giving customers the fantastic opportunity to win a copy of every single Landranger Map of Scotland, that is a total of 85 individual maps.
To be in with a chance to win, you must enter the photo competition by submitting a photo taken somewhere in Scotland that inspires people to get outside and explore our beautiful countryside. It could be a photo of a sunrise in the Cairngorms to a cold wintry day walking along the union canal between Edinburgh and Glasgow.
The rules of the Competition are set out below. Please read these carefully before submitting your entries. By entering into the Competition, you are deemed to have agreed to these terms and conditions.
1. One winning entry will be selected from all eligible entries.
2. The winner will receive the prize as stated below: All 85 Scotland Landranger maps (numbers 1 – 85) (Ordnance Survey Landranger Maps for cycling and longer routes)
3. Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. A substitute prize of an equivalent or greater value may be given should any prize become unavailable for a reason beyond our control.
How to enter
4. The Competition will run from Monday 26 April 2021 to midnight on Sunday 2 May 2021 inclusive.
5. If you wish to enter the Competition, you must submit your entry by the closing time and date stated above. Entries received after the closing date are automatically disqualified and will not be entered.
6. No purchase is necessary to take part in this Competition.
7. To enter the Competition, you will need to send an email to Craigdon.Edinburgh@OrdnanceSurvey.mail.onmicrosoft.com, which includes the following:
- A photo taken in Scotland;
- The location from which your photo was taken or the location which is depicted in the photo;
- Your full name and town or city of residence.
8. We regret that we cannot accept entries by post. Any such entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
9. We take no responsibility for any entries which fail to upload properly and/or any technical problems, such as server malfunctions or errors, viruses, bugs, or traffic congestion on the internet that may result in lost, incomplete, late or misdirected entries.
10. The Competition is open to all Great Britain residents, aged 18 or over, excluding OS employees, members of their direct families, or any person directly associated with the Competition.
11. In entering the Competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. We may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the Competition.
12. We will not accept any entries that are:
13. Your photo may include people, but you must obtain their permission or the permission of their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured.
14. The Competition is limited to one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
15. We reserve all rights to disqualify your entry, if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Competition.
16. After the closing date, the entries will go forward to the internal judging panel, which will consist of an OS representative, a representative of Craigdon Edinburgh and an independent judge. The judging panel will then pick the winning entry.
17. OS will send the full names of the judges to anyone who writes within one month after the closing date of the Competition requesting details of the judges, enclosing a self-addressed envelope to OS at the address set out below, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
18. The judges will be looking for: a photo taken in Scotland, which inspires people to get outside and explore the countryside.
19. All winning entries will be subject to a final check and any which are found to be in breach of the Competition terms and conditions will be disqualified and any prizes forfeited. The judging panel will then select a new winner from the remaining entries.
20. The decision of the judging panel will be final, and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
21. The winner will be notified via email (using the email address used for entry) within one month of the closing date.
22. Under the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) requirements, we must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation, we will send the surname and county of the prize winner and, if applicable, copies of their winning entries to anyone who emails email@example.com or writes to Consumer Sales Team (Consumer), Ordnance Survey at the office address stated below (and enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within one month after the closing date stated above.
23. If you are the winner and you object to your surname and/or your county being published or made available, please let OS know this when responding to the notification email. In such circumstances we must still provide the information to the ASA, if requested.
Claiming the prize
24. In order to claim your prize, you must respond to the notification email within 14 days of receiving it.
25. We will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. We reserve the right to choose a substitute winner at our discretion without further notice to the original winner, if:
- the winner cannot be contacted, or is not available;
- the winner has not claimed the prize within 14 days of receiving notification; or
- the prize cannot be taken up or is declined or returned undelivered.
- The original winner shall cease to be eligible for the prize or any alternative and shall have no claim against OS, Craigdon Edinburgh or the judges.
26. The prize shall be delivered free of charge to a UK address provided by the winner within 30 days of the winner claiming their prize.
Ownership of Competition entries and Intellectual Property Rights
27. All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any person or organisation.
28. You will retain copyright in any entries you submit to the Competition.
29. By entering the Competition, you grant OS (and its group companies) and Craigdon a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, and perpetual licence to use your entry and publish it on our corporate website and social media websites (such as Facebook and Twitter), in connection with this Competition.
30. In the event that yours is a winning entry, you further grant to OS and Craigdon a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide and perpetual licence to publish the entry on the respective Ordnance Survey and Craigdon websites, in promotional materials and otherwise use the material in connection with their respective businesses.
31. By entering the Competition, you agree to take part in any reasonable promotions and publicity relating to it.
32. You warrant that:
- your submitted entry is an original work, is not defamatory in any way and does not infringe any third-party rights;
- there are no conflicting agreements in place that restrict usage of the submission;
- where any image features people, you have obtained their permission or the permission of their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured; and
- any image files you upload do not contain any viruses or other potentially harmful material.
34. We shall not be responsible for any additional expenses incurred by the winner.
35. Craigdon Mountain Sports Edinburgh are not part of OS or its group companies. They collaborate with OS on various marketing projects.
36. We disclaim all liability for any loss or damage to persons or property (whether direct or indirect) incurred by any person in connection with the making and submission of entries in connection with this Competition, to the maximum extent permissible by law.
37. We reserve the absolute right to disqualify any entries and/or withdraw a prize from a winning entrant if, in our opinion, there is a potential breach of these Competition terms and conditions, including, but without limitation, where the entry in our sole opinion is obscene, indecent or otherwise offensive, or infringes third party intellectual property rights.
38. We reserve the right to cancel this Competition or alter any of the terms and conditions at any stage, if in our opinion it is necessary to do so, or circumstances arise outside of our control. It is your responsibility to check the terms and conditions regularly for any changes.
39. We may assign any and all of our rights relating to the Competition to one of our group companies and/or any entity to whom our functions and activities are transferred.
40. If any of the clauses within the Competition terms and conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then that clause shall be severed and deleted from these Competition terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
41. This prize draw is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram social media platform providers. Entrants agree to abide by the terms of service of those platform providers when entering this prize draw and further agree to release the social media sites from any liability arising from or as a result of any participation in this competition.
42. These Competition terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Ordnance Survey Limited (company number 09121572) trading as Ordnance Survey or OS, registered in England and Wales, whose registered office is at Explorer House, Adanac Drive, SOUTHAMPTON SO16 0AS.
Ordnance Survey Leisure Limited is a subsidiary company of Ordnance Survey, which is registered in England and Wales (company number 06894550) and whose registered office is at Explorer House, Adanac Drive, SOUTHAMPTON SO16 0AS.
Craigdon Mountain Sports, Edinburgh located at The Pentland Outdoor Centre, 44 Biggar Road, Edinburgh EH10 7BJ.
- Climbing and mountaineering
- Dog friendly
- Family activities
- Gear guides
- Horse riding
- Map Reading
- Off-road cycling
- OS Champions
- Outdoor skills
- Places to go
- Road cycling
- Water sports
- Aaron Rolph
- Alan Hinkes
- Alan Parkinson
- Alex Middleton
- Alex Staniforth
- Andrew White
- Anita Kerwin-Nye
- Anna Humphries
- Belinda Dixon
- Belinda Kirk
- Ben Fogle
- Ben Smith
- Ben Turner
- Charlotte Ditchburn
- Charlotte Fowler
- Chris Webster
- Craig Henderson
- Daniel Raven-Ellison
- Dave Wilson
- David Finlayson
- David Love
- David Mellor
- Deborah North
- Debs Butler
- Eddie Fitzpatrick
- Eli Bishop
- Emily Thompson
- Emma Frampton
- Get Out With The Kids
- Glyn Dodwell
- Greg Whyte
- Gus Mckechnie
- Harrison Ward
- Hauxwell Family
- Helen Pollard
- Iwan Thomas
- James Forrest
- Jason Rawles
- Jen & Sim Benson
- Jessica Mather
- Jessie Leong
- Jo Bradshaw
- Kate Jamieson
- Kate Lord
- Kate MacRae
- Katie Tunn
- Kenton Cool
- Kizzie Fenner
- Laura Owen Sanderson
- Lisa Drewe
- Lisa Wells
- Lizzie Carr
- Mahroof Malik
- Mairi Olivier
- Manse Ahmad
- Marie Cheng
- Mary-Ann Ochota
- Mel Nicholls
- Michael Evans
- Nigel Vardy
- Phillipa Cherryson
- Phoebe Smith
- Rebecca Lees
- Richie Rakauskas
- Rob Haggan
- Rory Southworth
- Ross Toole
- Sal Thornton
- Sarah Whiting
- Scott Mcalister
- Sean Conway
- Sophie Power
- Sue Barrett
- Suzanne Hill
- Terry Abraham
- The Meek Family
- Tom Sigler
- Tracy Purnell
- Two Blondes Walking
- Yvonne Witter
- Zoe Homes
- Zoe Turner