TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. To apply to become a GetOutside Champion you must be a resident of the UK (including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man). OS employees and their close relatives are not eligible to apply using the online entry form.
2. The minimum age for entry is 18 years of age.
3. Applications can be submitted from 1 October 2017. The deadline for applications to be submitted is midnight on Tuesday 31 October 2017.
4. Only one application is permitted per person. You can nominate yourself or another person. If you nominate another person, this will not prevent you from submitting an application for yourself. The other person that you nominate will be sent an email asking for their permission to be considered, and to accept these terms and conditions.
5. Applications must be submitted by completing the form set out on the GetOutside website, under the ‘Become a Champion’ webpage (available at the following link: https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/getoutside/guides/apply-to-become-os-getoutside-champion-2018/ ). We regret that we cannot accept applications by post or email.
6. Applications must include:
a. Your name, email address, contact telephone number and address / location.
b. If you are nominating someone else as a Get Outside Champion, their name and email address.
c. An explanation of why you / your nominated person would be a great GetOutside champion for OS.
d. An explanation of who you / the nominated person inspires and how (max. 300 words).
e. Details of any and all social media profiles that will enable us to identify you / the nominated person and see your / their activities.
g. An overview of your / the nominated person’s proposed and planned activities for the 2018/2019 period
h. Up to 3 links to where we can find a photo of you / the nominated person, such as a link to a relevant social media profile, blog or online newspaper article.
[LM2] 7. All applicants who have submitted complete forms will receive a code that entitles them to one month’s free subscription to OS Maps. OS Maps is a digital mapping and route planning application offered by Ordnance Survey Leisure Limited, which provides access to national coverage of 1:25K (Explorer) and 1:50K (Landranger) mapping. To redeem the code, you will need to visit the OS Maps Online Shop at https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/shop/os-maps-online.html. You can then select the ‘OS Maps one month subscription’. At the Checkout, you will be able to enter the code that has been given under the ‘Basket Summary page’. In order to use the service you will need to register if you have not already done so. The one months’ free subscription period for OS Maps will start from the date that the code is activated. You have up to 31 May 2018 to activate the code. The code can only be used once by each applicant. The code is not valid with any other promotional offer.
8. Any incomplete applications will not be accepted. OS takes no responsibility for any technical failure or malfunction or other problem which may result in lost, incomplete, late or misdirected entries.
9. Applications that relate to, or contain, illegal, unethical or offensive conduct or content, infringe third party intellectual property rights, or otherwise fail to comply with these terms and conditions will be disqualified. This will be determined by OS, in its sole discretion, and no further correspondence will be entered into.
10. Applicants who are successful and are selected to become a GetOutside Champion will be representatives of OS. You must therefore declare on the application form if there are any circumstances (including existing commercial arrangements or sponsorships) that OS should be aware of, that could give rise to a conflict of interest and / or adversely impact the good will and / or reputation of OS. Please be aware that OS may contact applicants / nominees in relation to this and / or undertake background checks to inform the decision as to the selection of the GetOutside Champions.
11. Completed applications will be passed to a panel of judges that will include the marketing team at OS, and an independent judge who will shortlist the entries and select up to 20 GetOutSide Champions based on the following criteria:
Ability to inspire or motivate others to get outside
Commitment to their active outdoor lifestyle
Ability to communicate GetOutside campaign messages to a wider audience
SELECTED #GETOUTSIDE CHAMPIONS
12. Those people who we would like to invite to become our GetOutside Champions for 2018/19 will be notified by email no later than 30 November 2017.
13. If those selected do not respond after reasonable attempts have been made to contact them, or they decide to withdraw from the process, or their application is disqualified, OS reserves the right to select another applicant / nominee in accordance with the selection process set out in clause 11.
14. [CM(L3] Unfortunately, OS will not enter into any correspondence or be able to provide further feedback should your application be unsuccessful.
15. We would like our GetOutside Champions to be with us for two years, from 1 January 2018 up until 31 December 2019. During this time we want you to inspire, encourage and motivate others to ‘Get Outside’ by the outdoor activities you participate and by engaging in various marketing and promotional activities to promote the GetOutside campaign and the OS brand. (These activities can include (but are not limited to) participation in media events, a photoshoot, testing OS Leisure products, being featured on the GetOutside websiteand primarily by the use of social media). We will review our relationship after the first year to discuss and agree whether both sides wish the collaboration to continue to cease.
16. In addition, OS will provide the GetOutside Champions with:
an exclusive GetOutSide Champion clothing pack
a small cash sponsorship (up to a maximum £200);
a selection of up to 12 OS paper maps;
a free subscription to OS Maps whilst you remain an OS GetOutside Champion; and
10% discount on items in the OS Map Shop (not to be used in conjunction with other OS Map Shop promotions or offers) to assist the GetOutSide Champions with their outdoor activities.
OS will contact the GetOutSide Champions on or before 15 December 2017 in relation to any specifications (for example their size for the clothing) and to arrange delivery of the items within 28 days to a UK address provided by the GetOutside Champion.
17. Successful applicants will need to into a separate written contract with OS that will set out terms and conditions for the GetOutside Champion role. If you do not wish to do so, then we reserve the right to select another applicant / nominee in accordance with the selection process set out in clause 11.
20. If you have indicated your consent to receive newsletters and/or other email communications Ordnance Survey Limited and Ordnance Survey Leisure Limited about their products, services and promotions, you will be added to their electronic mailing lists accordingly. If you do not wish for the use of your details to be used for marketing purposes at any time, you can select the unsubscribe option in the email that is sent to you.
21. OS disclaims all liability for any loss or damage to persons or property, (whether direct or indirect) incurred by any person in connection with submission of an application to the maximum extent permitted by law.
22. By submitting an application, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
23. OS reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any stage in any way. OS also reserves the right to cancel the GetOutside Champion programme at any stage if in our opinion it is deemed necessary to do so, or if circumstances arise outside of our control.
24. OS is entitled to assign any and all of its rights to any one of its group companies.
25. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English Law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Ordnance Survey Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (company registration number 09121572) whose registered address is Explorer House, Adanac Drive, SOUTHAMPTON, SO16 0AS.